TOP TEN WAYS TO SAVE ENERGY IN YOUR HOME
- Appliance efficiency. What is a Watt?
- Squiggly bulbs are a start.
- Stop air leaks. Plaster the cracks. Caulk under the sinks. Seal around the windows.
- Insulate your air conditioner in winter.
- Seal leaky windows with Mortite clay strips.
- Set the water heater at 122 degrees and wrap it.
- Insulate, insulate, insulate.
- Seal ducts, insulate pipes.
- Induction cooktop
- Remote control energy off
- Solar heat and solar hot water
Measure your watts. Save the planet.
New York Solar Energy Society
5270 Sycamore Avenue, Bronx, NY 10471