TOP TEN WAYS TO SAVE ENERGY IN YOUR HOME
- Appliance efficiency. What is a Watt?
- Squiggly bulbs are a start.
- Stop air leaks. Plaster the cracks. Caulk under the sinks. Seal around the windows.
- Insulate your air conditioner in winter.
- Seal leaky windows with Mortite clay strips.
- Set the water heater at 122 degrees and wrap it.
- Insulate, insulate, insulate.
- Seal ducts, insulate pipes.
- Induction cooktop
- Remote control energy off
- Solar heat and solar hot water
Measure your watts. Save the planet.
New York Solar Energy Society
5270 Sycamore Avenue, Bronx, NY 10471
For more great ways to save energy, check out this resource: http://www.architectdesignlighting.com/efficient-lighting/